The Lahti Symphony Orchestra invites applications for the position of Principal French Horn. The salary, inclunding the individual pay component and recording supplement is 3132 - 3383 € per month. Work starts at January 31st 2022.
The Principal French Horn maintains the solo capability required by orchestral literature, and performs solo parts of orchestral works, leads the french horn section by exercising, supervising and developing it, and provides instructions for acquiring group assistants and substitutes. We appreciate experience of similar tasks and good cooperation and interaction skills.
- W. A. Mozart: Horn Concerto No. 4 K496; 1st mvt. with cadenza
- R. Strauss: Horn Concerto No. 1
- Orchestral excerpts. The repertoire can be downloaded at www.sinfonialahti.fi - ENG - Orchestra - Open Vacancies.
Audition at 8th January 2022
- The orchestra will choose the participants to the audition based on the information in the applications
- Invitations to the audition will be sent on 8th December 2021 (during the day)
- The Auditions will be held in the Kalevi Aho Hall of the Lahti Music Institute (Hämeenkatu 4, Lahti) on 8th January 2022 from 11 a.m. onwards
Closing date for applications 7th December 2021 at 3 p.m. Please fill in your application primarily at www.kuntarekry.fi (fill into the box 335323 and ETSI) or secondarily please send it by email to email@example.com.
Application must give all the following information
- Your personal details and brief Curriculum vitae
- Full contact details (home address, email and telephone number)
- Please inform, whether you wish to use accompanist provided by the orchestra
The selected person must present an acceptable medical certificate before signing the employment contract, and a trial period (6 months) is assigned to the selected person.
Read moreVisit the organisation
- City of Lahti, Lahti Symphony Orchestra
- JobsPermanentFull-time employment
- 3132 - 3383 € per month
- 18.10.2021 - 7.12.2021 15:00
- Culture and museumsTeaching and cultureLahtiPäijät-Häme
Contact informationMaija Kylkilahti, Deputy General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
EmployersCity of Lahti, Lahti Symphony Orchestra
The Lahti Symphony Orchestra is a dynamic, innovative orchestra maintained by the Finnish city of Lahti. Major functions are, in addition to offering audiences a wide range of concerts, touring, recording and education. Its home is the Sibelius Hall, famous for its magnificent acoustics. The orchestra, together with its Principal Conductor Dalia Stasevska, seeks to recruit first-class players with good team-working skills.
Lahti is a city of 120,000 residents and a centre for a region of 200,000 people. It has the best of both worlds: the attractiveness, intimate cosiness and originality of a small town, yet the services, efficiency and logistics of a major city. The city of Lahti is a smoke-free working place.
Address: Sibeliustalo, Ankkurikatu 7, 15140 Lahti