HAMK Bio Research Unit is looking for reinforcement in multidisciplinary research team. HAMK Bio is an active player in developing ecologically sustainable technologies for future societies. Currently the research teams in HAMK Bio are working with challenges in carbon neutral soil management and food production. The expertise in the following research fields are called for: production of biomass in novel environments and innovative use of biomass in processes and products.
The selected person has good skills, knowledge and experience in
- effect of production technologies on plant growth and biomass value chain
- passion for applied and innovative research
- applying and coordinating externally funded R&D projects
- experience and/or willingness in teaching at the bachelor and master level
- dissemination and publication of research results.
- understanding the possibilities of approaching technologies such as vertical farming in value added plant production
- understanding of data-driven processes and services in bioeconomy
- good networking skill to collaborate with academia and companies
- active participation and positive attitude from the person selected to be a member of HAMK's multidisciplinary research team.
- competence in languages other than Finnish, English and Swedish.
Position starts on 1st of August 2019 or as agreed.
Requirements of applicants
An applicable doctoral degree is required, in addition to the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment and experience in education and research in the field of bioeconomy. You show initiative, you have good teamwork skills and you speak Finnish and English fluently. The qualification requirements for principal research scientist at the university of applied sciences level in Finland are in accordance with decree 1129/2014 § 17. A principal research scientist is also required to have pedagogical studies (60 credits or 35 study weeks). Notwithstanding this, a principal research scientist may be recruited on the condition that he/she will complete the required pedagogical studies within three years from the start of his/her employment.
We offer you an inspiring and future-oriented work environment where you can develop your own competence. The terms and conditions of this position are determined in accordance with the collective agreement of union of Avaintyönantajat. The position is permanent and based mainly at the Lepaa campus and Hämeenlinna University Centre (Visamäki).
- Hämeen ammattikorkeakoulu Oy, Biotalouden yksikkö, HAMK Bio
- 1.8.2019 or as agreed
- According to AVAINOTES.
- 9.5.2019 - 22.5.2019 23:59
For further information, please contact:
Director of HAMK Bio Research Unit, PhD Annukka Pakarinen, phone: +358 50 300 1827,
Dean of the School of Bioeconomy, PhD Mona-Anitta Riihimäki, phone: +358 50 574 5102,
Applications are to be sent electronically via Kuntarekry.fi (key: HAMK-01-109-19) on 22 May 2019 at the latest.
You will need to present your original degree and work certificates if you are invited for an interview.
Hämeen ammattikorkeakoulu Oy, Biotalouden yksikkö, HAMK Bio
Osoite: Visamäentie 35 A, 13100 Hämeenlinna
Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is a higher education institution with 7500 students and 650 employees. Our strategic goal is to build a respected international and professionally oriented university, which is the leading developer of innovations and promoter of entrepreneurship within our operational environment. We also aim to increase the competence level of citizens in our region and to be a flexible business partner.
HAMK Bio - The aim of the research unit is to enhance bioeconomy as part of circular economy in rural and urban environments. https://www.hamk.fi/research/hamk-bio/?lang=en