We are seeking a Principal Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence with a keen interest in the key fields that make up the ICT sector. These fields include (but are not limited to) IoT, networks, cyber security, digital games, virtual reality, ERP, health technology, and other productivity-related software. The ideal candidate should be willing to investigate primary business AI needs and lean on their experience and understanding of AI to address company requirements. The candidate should not only have current knowledge, but also continuously strive to research the ever-evolving field of AI in order to stay up-to-date and offer the best possible solution to business partners.
- The most preferred AI techniques are machine learning and neural networks.
- Experience in, e.g., rule-based systems, fuzzy logic, natural language processing, expert systems, genetic algorithms, machine vision and image processing is considered as an advantage.
In addition to strong competence and knowledge of AI, we expect the ideal candidate to possess:
- Excellent and adaptable programming skills
- Although R, Perl, and Python are the most sought-after AI programming languages, the diverse application areas for AI dictates that candidates should be able to switch between programming languages and programming paradigms (e.g. object oriented, imperative, functional, procedural, etc.).
- Statistical techniques for handling big data
- Knowledge of SAS (or SPSS) and structured query language (SQL) are beneficial.
- relevant Technology or Natural Sciences degree. Business and Economic Sciences degrees may also qualify. Depending on the candidate’s degree the nomination can be as Principal Lecturer (post-graduate degree) or as Senior Lecturer (Master degree).
- relevant work experience in industry, minimum of 3 years
- completed pedagogic studies of 60 ECTS (lack of these does not prevent appointing the applicant to the job, but is, according to the collective agreement, a basis for salary reduction).
A probationary period of six months will be applied.
As a member of TUAS School of ICT you will be provided with the opportunity to join our state-of-the-art research groups and receive support from more than 75 colleagues and ca. 1200 students. We are one of the leading universities of applied sciences in Finland and one of the most RDI-oriented ones.
The annual working time in this position will be 1624 hours. The working time and tasks will be agreed mutually and we provide a large autonomy to our staff members to carve their own working schedule and direct their focus within our educational and research frames.
Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd, Engineering and Business, Kupittaa Campus, Turku
Read moreVisit the organisation
- Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd, Engineering and Business
- JobsPermanentFull-time employment
- 1.12.2019 or upon agreement
- 1.10.2019 - 17.11.2019 23:59
- Teachers in universities of applied sciencesTeaching and cultureTurkuVarsinais-Suomi
Additional information: Dean Juha Kontio, tel. +358503854122 Head of Education and Research Tero Reunanen tel. +358449074592
Hakemuksen jättäminen: Jätä sähköinen hakemus kohdasta Hae työpaikkaa
Turku University of Applied Sciences Ltd, Engineering and Business
Address: Joukahaisenkatu 3, 20520 Turku
Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) is an inspiring community of 10 000 members. Our community consists of teachers, experts and students – professionals in different stages of their careers. We are an innovative and multidisciplinary higher education institution, which creates international competitiveness and well-being for Southwest Finland. Our graduates are practice-oriented professionals with top competences. #ExcellenceInAction.