Research Assistant bio-entrepreneurship
A Research Assistant position is available at Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK), at HAMK Bio research unit to work in Africa projects with focus on capacity building of bioeconomy-based entrepreneurship higher education. The position is one-year half-time fixed position with a possibly for extension of two years, starting in the beginning of May or upon agreement.
The Research Assistant would be engaged in implementation of the projects AgriSCALE, PBL-BioAfrica and FOREST21 (www.hamk.fi/hamk-in-africa) as a resource person to develop innovative entrepreneurship methods following problem-based-learning methodology, guiding, and supervising student works and do research on bio-entrepreneurship in the framework of the projects.
Role and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the partner universities contextualised student-centered entrepreneurship education capacity
- Support bio-entrepreneurship capacity building activities in the partner universities, including student works supervision
- Facilitate building of the collaborative partnership network with industry and societal partners for problem-based learning ecosystem in the partner universities
- Take a lead role in bio-entrepreneurship research, analyses and interpret data, and lead collaborative publication processes or research ideas and new ways to present concepts
- Actively engage with the team in providing with topics for further consideration
- Work with colleagues on monitoring, analysing, and reporting of project proceedings
- Facilitate work of Project Specialists upon agreement
- Master’s degree in economics, entrepreneurship, business development or applied economics with specialisation in bioeconomy
- Possibility for PhD studies
- Ability to combine theoretical knowledge and frameworks with BSc/MSc entrepreneurship education
- Strong insight over entrepreneurship over bioeconomy-based entrepreneurship development in Eastern and Southern African context
- Knowledge and interest on student-centered pedagogical approaches
- Strong understanding of the challenges of the African universities are facing in industry and societal sector partnerships
- Extensive experience and knowledge of ICT tools including data analytic tools such as SPSS and/or JMPpro
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in English; having experience of writing research articles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong teamwork orientation, enthusiasm for and commitment to development
Applications are to be sent electronically via Kuntarekry.fi by 9 May 2021 at the latest.
Further information may be obtained from Eija Laitinen, Principal Research Scientist, email@example.com, +358 50 585 3933.
Read moreVisit the organisation
- HAMK Bio
- JobsFixed-termPart-time employment
- 15.4.2021 - 14.4.2022
- EUR 1350 (with 50% working time percent)
- 26.4.2021 - 9.5.2021 23:59
- Environmental sectorTechnical sectorDevelopment and project workManagement and office workHämeenlinnaKanta-Häme
Contact informationFurther information may be obtained from Eija Laitinen, Principal Research Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 50 585 3933.
Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK) is a professional organisation of 7,000 students and over 600 experts, who play a key role in developing the competence of their area of operation. Our goal is to build a prestigious international university that is a leading promoter of innovation and entrepreneurship in the area, raises the skills of the population and is a flexible working partner.
In this age of globalisation, there is a great need for collaboration, new ideas and innovations, and shared resources. HAMK is actively involved in international cooperation in education and research, which will shape the future of the world. Collaboration with African partners has an impact on all HAMK’s levels:
- Collaborative research is the tool for producing solutions suitable for local realities to create jobs and wealth. Collaborative research will also lead to sustainable development and climate change mitigation.
- Students are in the centre of all we do. Students at HAMK as well as at African partner universities will have possibilities to enhance their international competences and to strengthen their global citizenship. Through HAMK’s collaboration in Africa, students will have more opportunities for short exchanges in multidisciplinary groups.
- Our staff also have opportunities to increase their global through teacher exchanges, both by visiting African partner universities and by welcoming colleagues from African countries to teach at HAMK.
Address: Visamäentie 35 B, 13100 Hämeenlinna