The Lahti Symphony Orchestra invites applications for the position of Solo Viola.
The salary, including the individual pay component and recording supplement is 3349-3617 € per month. Work starts at 3rd January, 2022.
The solo violist maintains the solo capability required by orchestral literature, and performs solo parts of orchestral works, leads the viola section by exercising, supervising and developing it, and provides instructions for acquiring group assistants and substitutes. We appreciate experience of similar tasks and good cooperation and interaction skills.
1. Please choose one of the following:
- F. A. Hoffmeister: Concerto D Major, 1st and 2nd mvt with cadenzas or
- Stamitz: Concerto in D, 1st and 2nd mvt with cadenzas or
- Schubert: Arpeggione-sonata, 1st mvt
2. Please choose one of the following:
- Bartok: Viola Concerto, 1st mvt or
- Hindemith: Der Schwanendreher, 1st mvt or
- Walton: Viola Concerto, 1st mvt
3. Orchestral and chamber music excerpts will be available for download at www.sinfonialahti.fi - ENG - Orchestra - Open Vacancies.
Audition 27th November 2021
- The orchestra will choose the participants to the audition based on the information in the applications
- Invitations to the audition will be sent on Thursday 4th November 2021 (during that day)
- The Auditions will be held in the Kalevi Aho Hall of the Lahti Music Institute (Hämeenkatu 4, Lahti) on Saturday November 27th from 11 a.m. onwards.
- Closing date for applications is Wednesday 3rd November 2021. Please fill in your application primarily at www.kuntarekry.fi (fill into the box 335328 and ETSI) or secondarily please send it by email to email@example.com
- In the application you must give all the following information: full contact details (home address, email and telephone number), brief Curriculum vitae, work details / repertoire you chose to play and please inform whether you wish to use accompanist provided by the orchestra.
Should a present member of the orchestra be appointed to the post, his or her successor may be selected at this same audition. The selected person must present an acceptable medical certificate before signing the employment contract, and a trial period (6 months) is assigned to the selected person.
Read moreVisit the organisation
- Lahti Symphony Orchestra
- JobsPermanentFull-time employment
- 3rd January 2022
- 3349-3617 € per month
- 14.9.2021 - 3.11.2021 23:59
- Culture and museumsTeaching and cultureLahtiPäijät-Häme
Contact informationDeputy General Manager Maija Kylkilahti, firstname.lastname@example.org
EmployersLahti Symphony Orchestra
The Lahti Symphony Orchestra is a dynamic, innovative orchestra maintained by the Finnish city of Lahti. Major functions are, in addition to offering audiences a wide range of concerts, touring, recording and education. Its home is the Sibelius Hall, famous for its magnificent acoustics. The orchestra, together with its Principal Conductor Dalia Stasevska, seeks to recruit first-class players with good team-working skills.
Lahti is a city of 120,000 residents and a centre for a region of 200,000 people. It has the best of both worlds: the attractiveness, intimate cosiness and originality of a small town, yet the services, efficiency and logistics of a major city. The city of Lahti is a smoke-free working place.
Address: Ankkurikatu 7, 15140 Lahti