The Lahti Symphony Orchestra invites applications for the position of Principal Trumpet.
The salary, including the individual pay component and recording supplement is 3099-3347 € per month. Work starts at August 17th, 2020.
The Principal Trumpet maintains the solo capability required by orchestral literature, and performs solo parts of orchestral works, leads the trumpet section by exercising, supervising and developing it, and provides instructions for acquiring group assistants and substitutes. We appreciate experience of similar tasks and good cooperation and interaction skills.
Joseph Haydn: Trumpet concerto, Hob.VIIe:1, Es-major: I-part (Allegro)
Jean Sibelius: Symphony no. 1 op.39
Gustav Mahler: Symphony no. 5
Jean Sibelius: Symphony no. 2 op.43
Richard Strauss: Till Eulenspiegel’s Merry Pranks op.28
Jean Sibelius: Symphony no. 5 op.82
Igor Stravinsky: Petrushka
Kalevi Aho: Symphony no. 17
Bela Bartok: Concerto for Orchestra
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov: Sheherazade op.35 1-4
Dmitrii Shostakovich: Symphony no. 5
Bill Conti: Dynasty
The audition repertoire can be downloaded at www.sinfonialahti.fi > ENG > Orchestra > Open Vacancies. The website includes detailed information about the repertoire from 1st to 3rd round.
Auditions at March 14th, 2020
• The orchestra will choose the participants to the audition based on the information in the applications
• Invitations to the audition will be sent on Friday February 21st, 2020 (during the day)
• The Auditions will be held in the Kalevi Aho Hall of the Lahti Music Institute (Hämeenkatu 4, Lahti) on Saturday March 14th, 2020 from 11 a.m. onwards.
• Closing date for applications is Thursday February 20th, 2020. Please fill in your application primarily at www.kuntarekry.fi (fill into the box “264176” and “ETSI”) or secondarily please send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the application you must give all the following information:
o full contact details (home address, email and telephone number),
o brief Curriculum vitae and
o please inform whether you wish to use accompanist provided by the orchestra.
The selected person must present an acceptable medical certificate before signing the employment contract, and a trial period (6 months) is assigned to the selected person. The city of Lahti is a smoke-free working place.
Read moreVisit the organisation
- City of Lahti, Lahti Symphony Orchestra
- JobsPermanentFull-time employment
- 3099-3347 €/kk
- 11.12.2019 - 20.2.2020 23:59
- Culture and museumsTeaching and cultureLahtiPäijät-Häme
Deputy General Manager Maija Kylkilahti, email@example.com
City of Lahti, Lahti Symphony Orchestra
Address: Ankkurikatu 7, 15140 Lahti
The Lahti Symphony Orchestra is a dynamic, innovative orchestra maintained by the Finnish city of Lahti. Major functions are, in addition to offering audiences a wide range of concerts, touring, recording and education. Its home is the Sibelius Hall, famous for its magnificent acoustics. The orchestra, together with its Principal Conductor Dima Slobodeniouk, seeks to recruit first-class players with good team-working skills.
Lahti is a city of 120,000 residents and a centre for a region of 200,000 people. It has the best of both worlds: the attractiveness, intimate cosiness and originality of a small town, yet the services, efficiency and logistics of a major city. The city of Lahti is a smoke-free working place.